As an Industrial Partner, your organization gains access to the innovative research, talented professors, post-docs, and students who participate in The Gordon Center. These resources are augmented by software toolboxes, TestBEDs for real time application investigations, inter-partner networking and opportunities for joint proposals.
Gordon-CenSSIS Industrial Partners help to ensure that research pursued is relevant to industry needs and that results are designed to advance the competitiveness of U.S. industry in the global technology marketplace. In addition, industrial partners counsel the Center on strategic directions and research funding allocations through participating in the Industrial Advisory Board (IAB), and membership on the Board of Directors. Industrial partners participate in the Annual Research and Industrial Collaboration Conference.
Together the Industrial, Government and Academic collaboration provides each community with the assets to make them more productive. It is a "win-win" opportunity both in the near term and for the extended future of the center.
What are the benefits of industrial partnership?
1. Access to Core Intellectual Property. Center membership will provide the opportunity for technology transfer to industrial partners. Intellectual property policies that fairly and openly distribute advances have been developed by Gordon-CenSSIS that respect corporate proprietary interests while encouraging the Center's Core Academic Partners and Strategic Affiliates.
2. Engineering Staff Pipeline. Your organization will have a connection to our network of undergraduate and graduate students that are interested in cooperative education employment, industrial employment, and research fellowships. Over the lifetime of The Center, many Gordon-CenSSIS graduates have begun successful careers with industry patrtners.
3. Participation in Research Proposals. Industrial partners have an inside track on Gordon-Censsis research proposals. Recent proposals that industrial partners have participated in include proposals to DHS on tunnel detection and explosives detection, mitigation and response, and to NIH on breast cancer detection and pollution tracking under soil and water. Gordon-CenSSIS has a successful track record of joint industry-center proposals that have led to multi-million dollar contracts.
4. Sponsored Research Projects. Industrial members can arrange for sponsored research projects directed by the industrial partner and led by Gordon-CenSSIS faculty.
5. Gordon Engineering Leadership Program. This intensive one-year graduate program was created to develop technical leadership in the next generation of engineers. Industrial partners may sponsor a Fellow within the program thereby obtaining an exceptional engineering leader who can direct multidisciplinary teams and bring innovative technical ideas to market for your organization.
6. Testbed Access. Center membership gives industrial partners access to the Gordon-CenSSIS TestBEDs that are located at the Center's Core Academic Partners Northeastern University, Boston University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez. These testbeds allow for testing of inversion algorithms and imaging strategies against diverse experimental challenges in well-characterized model environments.
7. Inter-Partner Networking. Industrial partners gain interaction with their fellow companies through IAB meetings, the Research and Industrial Collaboration Conference, and our Center newsletter, Wavelets.
Michael B. Silevitch
Phone: (617) 373-3033
Fax: (617) 373-8627